Baking is a lot like life; follow the directions, add a dash of spice, a pinch of zest, sprinkle with sugar and all is sweet in the end!

1.09.2011


Addicted to Flour & Sugar!

Hi, my name is Becky and I am addicted to flour and sugar! I would love to be elbows deep, one arm in flour and the other in sugar.. just feeling the velvety coolness envelope my forearms and run through my fingers ... haha .... ok, maybe too much information on my first day. I don't do this, really, because Frankly .... that's Gross! And Unsanitary! ... but don't tell me you aren't looking at that picture and not wondering what that would feel like! wink-wink. So, now you know how weird I am. Seriously, I Love flour and sugar because they can be formed into so many wonderful things and most times with just one or two things added to it. I think it's Amazing and hopefully, somewhere down the line I will get at least one person to understand what I'm talking about.

I'm here to show you that ANYONE can bake and with that, here is my first victim and ... hehe... my Favorite! I asked my Great-neice, "Want to make Brownies?" without even glancing at me, she said, "Wait ... Not Yet!" Well! How dare I interrupt an intense episode of  'Bob-Bob'! It's amazing, the concentration a 3-year-old has when watching Spongebob! Not yelling, singing nor dancing (and I know you are picturing me doing this) can break the trance. Her little hand shoots out and just flicks me off to the side with her little brow furrowing in irritation. That's what I am to her, I think, a Pesky Gnat ... too big to swat away.  Even when I stick my face in front of hers, she just leans over to the side, never blinking nor breaking contact with 'Bob-Bob'! If I could just channel that into my baking ... Boy, I'd be rolling in dough! Hahaha .... get it? Dough? Baking?

 Uh-Oh!! I've got my work cut out for me! Isn't she ADORABLE?? I know, right?  That's what this look is for... she wasn't too pleased with our gushing over her. Hmm... I wonder where she gets that from? She's going to start a blog about this blog when she's older .... I just know it!

 I Love how her little face changed completely once she settled in with the mixing, though. I cannot describe how much it thrills me that she likes it! She may not grow into Loving it, but hopefully, it will be a fond memory for her as she grows up. You're thinking .... SHE'S 3!!! Hey, I remember stuff from when I was 1, so.... it could happen!



#1
 While I have her now, her little mind all fresh and playdoh-y like, why not have a little fun? Noone else will pay attention to me and who knows, if she's anything like her Mama .... She might be my Boss one day! Oh, and Thank you, Sweetie, for letting me borrow your baby for a bit. I always have the Best time with her! And guess what .... Jayden's next!! (she hopes, she hopes, she hopes!)

Brownies are simple. You can't mess them up! Gooey, fudgy, cakey, crunchy ... All Good! The secret is to make them taste like they're from scratch. Add whatever you think will taste good. Since I felt like chocolate & Peanut butter, we used Nutella to spread over the top. According to Sienna, since her eyes rolled into the back of her head, they were Delicious!

                                                                     

     
#2

#4


#3




 






I wish these pictures had sound. She repeated everything I said, like she really knew what she was doing. As I said, "So simple." (#1) We used a generic brand of brownie mix. Any kind will do and we followed the directions on the package. No special ingredients just yet. The directions will vary by package. (#2) Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.... and for Gosh Sake's ... Don't forget to SMILE!! (#3) Scoop the Goop into a greased 8x8 pan. (#4) Generously spread the Nutella on top and swirl into the batter with a toothpick. Don't lick the spoon and try to dip into the batter again like Sienna did. That's all there is to it. Yeah ... the hard part is waiting for them to finish baking and cool down enough to pop into your mouth. Hanging onto my leg for an hour yelling, "BECKY! CAKE-CAKE DONE!!" will not make them be done any faster.
                                                         
 To me, these were the BEST brownies ever! How much fun do you think I had baking these? GASP!! There It Is!! That's my whole point ... Do something because you LOVE it and it makes you feel good.  Don't let someone dictate how well or how bad .. hmm ... maybe just, HOW you do something. If it comes from within your Heart ... the only approval you need is your own!


 With that ..... Happy Baking & Don't forget your Apron!                                                                      

4 comments:

  1. Great job Becky!! Sienna is lucky to reap the rewards and I am not talking about the brownies but the love and memories you are creating for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey aunt Becky how about we set up a date and you can teach me how to nake a cheese cake. Your the best and who better to tech me then you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;) ...Let's Do It, Eric!! Of course, you know you're gonna be put in the spotlight, right? lol.... anyone else want to be on my blog? let me know .... We'll have Special Guest Days! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are well on your way:) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete