Baking is a lot like life; follow the directions, add a dash of spice, a pinch of zest, sprinkle with sugar and all is sweet in the end!

1.24.2011

Jumping in with Both Feet!

When I decided to do this blog, I didn't give myself much time to think about it. I had often thought of writing my thoughts and baking experiences down, but... short of buying cute little notebooks and collecting beautiful pens ... none of those thoughts ever made it to paper. I think! alot!  The problem I have is in following those thoughts. So, when I say I didn't give myself much time to think about it ... I mean: the idea popped into my head... I researched blogs ... I checked out other baking blogs .... then I jumped in with both feet!

Maybe the first thing you should know about me is ..... I am not ORGANIZED!! I have slips of paper with recipes, ideas & ingredients stashed all over the place. When I got a BlackBerry, I thought "YIPPEE! I will be organized forevermore and get an alert to boot!" LOL... Yeah, Right! After I jot down my Amazing thought ... the one that is IT... the Greatest Idea Ever ... do you think I go back to it?? LOL... BINGO! ... No, there are probably virtual cobwebs clogging the bells that are supposed to go off as an alert! What?? I was supposed to set those, too?? lol... well, there's the problem then.

Another thing you should know is ... I have trouble asking for HELP!! Not that I think I know it all, I would just rather do it or figure it out myself than to burden someone with helping me.... Yes, I said BURDEN someone! I know I am not the easiest person to work with .... I have ideas in my head and I cannot get them out in a clear and concise manner because they are caught in a RipTide (which is actually my thought process) and they change at a rate that, even I, can't keep up with! So, to ask someone to HELP me would be like asking someone to let me poke them in the eye with a rusty needle! I care too much about my family and friends to put them through that. The truth is .... I'm Picky and I Have to have it MY WAY!! hehe.... I'm strong enough to admit that! It's no secret so no need to whisper behind your hand! 8D ... So far, it hasn't stopped anyone from coming to me when they want Goodies ... Pronto!! <3

I know many people whom are their own worst critics! This is MY biggest problem! Once I finish a request, no matter what it is, I immediately have Doubters Remorse! Will they like it? Did I make too much? Charge too much? ... too large? ... not enough? Did I go OVERBOARD? LOL.... I know, I know, Just Relax! That word, my Friends, is not in my vocabulary when it comes to baking! I am so lucky to have the support group that I have when I have a Big Job to complete. These are the few people I can send a text, call, Rant & Rave to at my worst moments ... no matter the time! They will get up at anytime of day or night (and it's happened more times than I can count) and go with me on an emergency run for whatever product I have forgotten to get. I really appreciate this and, right at this moment, I won't call out names for fear of slighting someone who's been there for me ... but you all know who you are! Thank You So Much!!

So, Yes, I am a Nut Job! But as I get older and more and more people are asking to be taught, I like to think I am mellowing. Haha... did I just hear some scoffs out there?? I am Mellowing .... I am.... I AM!! No Cookies For You!! I try to keep the same attitude as when I work with my students at work .... It's not important how I see it, It is important how THEY see it!

These were just thoughts I needed to get out of my head. Thank You for your time and for coming along with me on my journey to ..... well, I'm still not sure about that! Stop Pushing Me!! hehe! I will be back later in the week with a cake for my Great-Nephews and I hope to get a few Valentine ideas out for you before the Big Day! .... tsk.... I said I'd TRY!! ; )   ~Happy Baking ...... & don't forget your Apron!

6 comments:

  1. Becky, you are always so hilarious!! I agree there is nothing wrong with just wanting to do it yourself; besides if someone were to help you would just redo it yourself anyways.. I know, I'm the same way, I'm the worst delegator! I love what you do and you do a great job and I look forward to your funny insight and delectable treats! Thank you for the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your time for the next recipe! I am still having a field day mixing juices, pudding and apple sauce into different cake mixes to see what happens. I know this is a baking blog so does that include meat loaf? It's baked, right? Do you have a great meat loaf recipe or the secret to creating meatloaf that is moist and tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You, Jeanine! I can always count on you for a spirit lift! ;) ... Cathy, have I told you how much I LOVE YOU?? You are going to be my challenger... Push me to my Limits!! You know I also Love to cook .... We get that from Nana! <3 ... Not a big fan of meatloaf unless it's on a sandwich at Marie Calendar's! XD ..I thought about including food, but then that would side-track me and I'll lose my focus. However, Tony makes a Fabulous Meatloaf. I'll see if I can squeeze it out of him and send it via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good golly garbanzo beans! THis was quite the entertaining post. I had no idea that someone had a head that worked similarly to mine! My scraps of paper with random recipes, measurments and math are everywhere. Reading this post I couldn't help but smile :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, Marley! That's funny! Being that you are a considerable amount younger than I, doesn't it make you feel good to know that it might never change? hahaha..... Get a Hold on It, NOW!!! I Beg You! XD

    ReplyDelete